- Allie X

Newcomers:

- BANKS

- Troye Sivan

- Melanie (this is up for debate)

- Zella Day

- Cruel Youth**

halsey?

also everybody in newcomers except cruel youth is more established than Allie X, in my opinion,

6 minutes ago, life in the vivid dream said:

halsey?

also everybody in newcomers except cruel youth is more established than Allie X, in my opinion,

Halsey will be in spotlight for the time being I think! Out of all the artists, she'll probably be one of the first to release new music so it's worthwhile to have her more visible in that section. It is likely that she'll be placed in newcomers depending what her new work will be like and member interest! :)

I imagine you're right that Allie doesn't seem as established as the rest, but her career has panned out much longer than the newcomers I think. She may not be recognized as much, but technically she's not as new to the scene as the others are! :marina17:

17 minutes ago, Kuba said:

technically she's not as new to the scene as the others are

Just checked and Allie X's debut single Catch was only released 6 days before Dollhouse jj2

But, I don't make the rules here. I trust the authority of the staff.

1 hour ago, life in the vivid dream said:

Cruel Youth, being itself and not Natalia/Teddy herself, is new, like never-had-a-release-before new. Allie is very established having like 3 releases before CX1. Just our thinking B|

1 hour ago, life in the vivid dream said:

Just checked and Allie X's debut single Catch was only released 6 days before Dollhouse jj2

Allie has had a musical career long before CX1, but she went by many different names. She actually has a massive discography from that time! Of course it's mixed between unreleased and hardly available but she had a musical presence way before most of the newcomers :cosgrove:

STAN MISS ZELLA DAY KERR :alex1:

ZELLA2 IS COMING FOR YOUR WEAVES EARLY 2017 :alex1:

BUY KICKER ON ITUNES :alex1:

MAN ON THE MOON/HUNNIE PIE AVAILABLE NOW :alex1:

13 minutes ago, Cosmic Love said:

florence is a legend though tina1

We decided to remove Florence at the moment, expecting no new releases to be out any time soon. The layout is still flexible though and things will change if they need to be. :pugsy1:

4 hours ago, godmess said:

literally how mad1 

She's been around for awhile. She invented fruits, jewels, and 50s heart culture what do you mean?

10 minutes ago, sonowgoodbye said:

She's been around for awhile. She invented fruits, jewels, and 50s heart culture what do you mean?

sdfdgfhgn I hate you 

4 hours ago, godmess said:

literally how mad1 

legend
ˈlɛdʒ(ə)nd/
noun
  1. 1.
    a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
    "the legend of King Arthur"
    synonyms: myth, saga, epic, folk tale, folk story, traditional story, tale, story, fairy tale, narrative, fable, romance; More

2. 2.
    an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
    "the man was a living legend"
    synonyms: celebrity, star, superstar, icon, famous person, great, genius, phenomenon, luminary, giant, big name; More

Two definitions to legend! Marinas career really resembles the first one so "technically" she is a legend poppy2

4 minutes ago, Maladroit said:

Leak it jj2

You only gotta wait 5 more hours (if we do everything on time) default_3f501d.gif

On 12/29/2016 at 7:35 PM, life in the vivid dream said:

Allie has been in Canada since 2006ish, but is still relatively small comparatively to Lana and Marina.

On 12/29/2016 at 11:48 AM, Atom said:

Established:

- Sky Ferreria

- Grimes

- Allie X

I think Charli should be in established. Correct me if I'm wrong (not sarcasm), but she's been doing music since 2008 and that's longer than 2 of the 3 established artists. :khloe:

But that's just a suggestion (that's probably too late anyway) :charli1:

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

I think Charli should be in established. Correct me if I'm wrong (not sarcasm), but she's been doing music since 2008 and that's longer than 2 of the 3 established artists. :khloe:

i agree sis, we will see if her section gets more active

41 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I would bear in mind that this new system is flexible and experimental, so things can change! A lot of the artists in established have either been around for a while, or their name is associated with a certain type of music so we chose them. Charli in fairness could probably make it to established without much hassle.

At the moment she's in spotlight mainly because she's definitely releasing something this year, and I suppose the use of that section is to highlight active artists. But if interest is high enough, I don't see why she wouldn't be slotted into established or newcomers at the least :charli3: