• Announcements

Allie X Homebase

86 posts in this topic

i want to hear bitch demos so badly. the production is so unique and i assume it went through a lot to get it like that

42 minutes ago, shampain said:

i want to hear bitch demos so badly. the production is so unique and i assume it went through a lot to get it like that

i think she did the song in one day.

57 minutes ago, shampain said:

woah rly

Yeah and Catch has 50+ demos and was originally R&B.

19 hours ago, Atom said:

Yeah and Catch has 50+ demos and was originally R&B.

Catch has 22 demos, the original was made in May 2012 with a producer who tries his best to make sure no evidence of his and Allie's work is online :rip:

Also a fun fact: the vocals on Catch were 2 years old before allie actually released it 

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

Catch has 22 demos, the original was made in May 2012 with a producer who tries his best to make sure no evidence of his and Allie's work is online :rip:

Also a fun fact: the vocals on Catch were 2 years old before allie actually released it 

She mentioned it having 50, where did you hear 22?

What info do we have on Glam? such as recorded, why the name sometimes love me forever, what era was it written for.

23 hours ago, Nathan said:

entirely false. catch was originally written on piano, before later evolving into an rnb song. having listened to all her songs with that producer, i can safely say he was probably involved sometime in the middle of the creative process. he has nothing to do with rnb music at all.

22 hours ago, shampain said:

What info do we have on Glam? such as recorded, why the name sometimes love me forever, what era was it written for.

• recorded in 2013
  • produced by allie and dr luke
  • "love me forever" is the real title, "glam" is the title of another allie x andra era song nobody has heard (yet) that was mistakenly associated with LMF sometime before it leaked
  • it was written for the Allie X Andra era (aka fetus X era),  a songwriting trip to los angeles. most probably was not meant to be on any album, likely meant for another artist or simply as a demo.

17 minutes ago, Genesis said:

entirely false. catch was originally written on piano, before later evolving into an rnb song. having listened to all her songs with that producer, i can safely say he was probably involved sometime in the middle of the creative process. he has nothing to do with rnb music at all.

14 minutes ago, Genesis said:
  • recorded in 2013
  • produced by allie and dr luke
  • "love me forever" is the real title, "glam" is the title of another allie x andra era song nobody has heard (yet) that was mistakenly associated with LMF sometime before it leaked
  • it was written for the Allie X Andra era (aka fetus X era),  a songwriting trip to los angeles. most probably was not meant to be on any album, likely meant for another artist or simply as a demo.

You might want to provide some real info on the difference between Glam and LMF. And where did you hear that about Catch bc Allie even mentioned that it was originally an R&B song? jj2

15 minutes ago, Atom said:

You might want to provide some real info on the difference between Glam and LMF. And where did you hear that about Catch bc Allie even mentioned that it was originally an R&B song? jj2

i don't have a copy of glam so i don't really know much about it. all i know is that it's an entirely different song to love me forever, the titles got lost in translation somewhere along the line.

24 minutes ago, Genesis said:

i don't have a copy of glam so i don't really know much about it. all i know is that it's an entirely different song to love me forever, the titles got lost in translation somewhere along the line.

No problem but where did the Catch info come from?

10 minutes ago, Atom said:

No problem but where did the Catch info come from?

iirc she said it in an interview somewhere, i'd have to dig it up

Gorilla Sounds is one of her best songs she's ever done too bad it has an ugly name

1 hour ago, reghan said:

Gorilla Sounds is one of her best songs she's ever done too bad it has an ugly name

i literally couldn't agree more, maybe some day we'll hear the rest of the album

7 hours ago, Genesis said:

You can't prove that. The only thing she said was that it was first an R&B track, not piano.. if you scrounge through her twitter she clearly mentions that producer as being the original producer of the ALX demo.

On November 21, 2015 at 4:30:10 PM, Atom said:

She mentioned it having 50, where did you hear 22?

http://www.idolator.com/7509320/allie-x-catch-interview-q-a

How long was “Catch” in the works? You really did come out of the gate with such an assured sound, so was there a lot of trial and error?
There was a two-year labor before I gave birth to the “Catch” that exists today. I always knew it was a good song, but it had to find its sonic identity. I have at least 20 different versions.

This is wrong. Glam was the title of the SoundCloud upload, it is most likely an error in file-naming on Allie's side.

There is literally 0 evidence that Glam is another song.

tina1

27 minutes ago, Nathan said:

There is literally 0 evidence that Glam is another song.

tina1

And song titles don't exactly have to be mentioned in the song jj2 (ex. 400 Lux by Lorde)

On November 22, 2015 at 11:20:41 PM, Atom said:

And song titles don't exactly have to be mentioned in the song jj2 (ex. 400 Lux by Lorde)

Right, but Allie's song titles are always mentioned in the lyrics. If you check the archive of her last.fm, one will pop up from February 2014 from before Catch came out, and one of the plays says: "Love Me Forever." No one knew who she was at that time so it was most likely scrobbled by a friend she sent it to, so it confirms the song title.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140214061538/http://www.last.fm/music/Allie+X